bud and bug

Friday, April 11, 2014

T-shirt Yarn

Easter break is officially upon us and I am happy to say I finally finished my nieces Easter dress! After buying 5 1/2 yards of lace and sewing it on by hand, this little cutie is done! I can't wait to see her in it!!







 I have also started a new project that involves "tarn". For those of you who don't know that is t-shirt yarn. Who knew....  I found a great tutorial online @ micahmakes.com  for cutting the t-shirts into one long strip and after some practice it works great!! I have found that with the tarn you have to crochet loosely. I am in the process of making a round rug. I didn't find any set pattern, it seems that you just crochet in the round as normal and depending on if the rug is cupping or curling under you increase accordingly or just single crochet. If that makes any sense. It is taking me a little getting used to but I think I am finally on my way.






I love the colors in this one


This one is a bit funky...




I have found this to be a great project while I watch tv.  Until we meet again- Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment