bud and bug

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Slipping away

So my lovelies, it seems time has slipped by again! Does that happen to you? Just yesterday it seems I left you with images and words about my Trippy Hippie Blanket and here we are into the third week of September! Yikes!! Life has been busy what with the end of summer and the start of school. Bud and Bug have transitioned very well but, I feel like I'm dragging behind! You may be wondering what has been on my hooks since I've been away, well, a little of this and a little of that!



I have only one large project at the moment, do you recall the granny square purse I gifted to my sister for her birthday? Well, we were out to lunch one day and one of the waitresses asked her where she got it. She told them that I had made it for her and the waitress came up to me and asked me to make her a matching winter set. This includes a purse, hat, mittens and a scarf! Trying to find the exact colors she requested was an ordeal but, I had some luck and have finished the hat and the scarf is almost done! I am still trying to find a pattern for the mittens, I just can't seem to find the right one! Any suggestions? 




I am enjoying the weather as fall is my favorite season! I love the crisp smell in the air, the changing leaves, big fat orange pumpkins, apple cider and colorful mums just outside my door! I can't wait to hook some scarves and maybe some fingerless gloves too! 












This break has been good for me, it was a time to reflect and decide what I want to do now that the boys are both in school full-time. I am pleased to say come the start of the new year I will be opening an Etsy store! I am thrilled and a little scared as this is a first for me. Running my own business is a little overwhelming to think about. The little details involved have me panicking a bit. However, I am determined to give it a go and make it a success. So with that little tid bit I leave you for now and I promise I'll be back on a more regular basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment