bud and bug

Monday, April 20, 2015

Flea Market Finds and Something New


Hello there, it has been awhile since I blogged. So here I am! Life has been a little crazy lately, so blogging has been put on the back burner. My sister gave birth to an adorable  little boy Nolan William and I am so giddy about being an Auntie again and having
a new little one in the family! I had started on a little girl blanket which I believe I showed you in my last blog. So when this little boy arrived I had to start an entirely new blanket. It is not quite done yet but, I will post pictures as soon as it is completed! Darn the sewing in of ends! The weather here has been glorious and dare I say Spring has sprung!



I went on a little flea market journey today and came up with some cute finds. Firstly, I rescued a beautiful little granny square throw. The thought of all the time and energy someone spent on this adorable blanket just to have it end up in  a pile of unwanted afghans and linens made me want to cry! So home it came, it needs a little TLC but will be good as new once I am done with it! I also found a cute vintage cake stand with a domed lid! Can't you just imagine a bunch of scrumptious just baked cookies on a cute little doily under the lid! I can, but who knows when I'll make that happen! 




So onto the something new, or should I say somethings new! I took out my sewing machine yesterday and made myself a cute new peg bag! Maybe it will help motivate me to do laundry! I do hope so! I am also re-vamping my kitchen and am so EXCITED, I ordered my first bit of GreenGate today! It's so hard to find here in the states! Can't wait for it to arrive! I have also purchased some other cute little dishes for my new kitchen! I can't wait to paint and decorate my new kitchen! Until we meet again!



No comments:

Post a Comment