bud and bug

Friday, July 4, 2014

If we took a holiday.... it would be....it would be so nice.....

The holiday weekend is upon us, Mr K. will be home from work for a whole four days!!! I am looking forward to some barbeque's and fireworks. Here's hoping we don't get rained out again, I would love to try my hand at capturing them on film. I did however FINALLY photograph some lightning. We had an awesome thunderstorm the other night and I was up past midnight trying to get those mysterious bolts of energy on my camera. It's not easy!





After several LONG crochet projects that had wiped me out I returned to my granny stripe afghan. Something easy and familiar was just what I needed. I kept searching for a new project to start and after having a go at a few different projects I just wasn't feeling it. So I returned to my bright and beautiful granny stripe blanket. There is something so calming about that repetitive pattern, to look at the colors one would not think calm. It's growing and hopefully soon it will be finished. Oh I can't wait to wrap myself in her loveliness!


Here's hoping you all have a safe and fun holiday!
As for me and my family we will be spending it with some wonderful friends and I finally get to gift the Lyric Blanket to its intended! I'm so giddy, I hope she likes it!




Until we meet again....

No comments:

Post a Comment