bud and bug

Monday, June 9, 2014

Busy, Busy....

Another crazy, busy, wonderful, sunny weekend is behind us! Is this how our summer is going to be? I am hoping that once the boys are done with school the pace will slow down a bit. We were invited to three birthday parties this weekend, another festival, a parade and caught up with some great friends we have not seen in a while. Whew.... I am starting to get things together for our town wide garage sale next month and boy do I have some work ahead of me there. Decisions, decisions. 







I started a new crochet project and I am going to keep you all guessing as to what it is. I am using Berracco's Vintage yarn in light pink, light blue, navy, red, off white, and mint. This yarn is a bit pricey but it feels great slipping through your hands. I find myself obsessed with granny squares lately, the possibilities with these little beauties are endless. I think that's why I like them so much. I found two great fabrics that have a vintage vibe about them so I bought 1/2 a yard of each. I am a little skeptical of this project because I have never done this before. I am hoping it will turn out all right. We'll see. What do you think it's going to be?






The yarn for my latest baby blanket finally came in the mail! Wahoo... all the crocheting is done and now I am working on the tedious task of sewing in all the ends. I am terrible about doing this as I go, and then it seems like a momentous task to do it all at the end. Note to self, next project with grannies, sew in all ends before blocking them! I have decided to call this blanket the Lyric Baby Blanket, who knows I may even write up a pattern for it!




Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment