bud and bug

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Flyin' By

It's hard to believe the week is almost over! I feel like as I get older (not that I think of myself as old) time just seems to whizz by! With our crazy warm weather schedule it seems to go even faster! School will be coming to an end shortly! Bud is moving up from Kindergarten and Bug is graduating Pre-K! Where did my babies go? 


This week I have baked a bit! I made a really delicious crock-pot banana bread! Yum-Yum, it turned out wonderful! Nice and moist and it was gone in a day and a half! I have also made two strawberry rhubabrb pies, the hubby's favorite! Bud and Bug seem to have huge appetites lately. Probably from all that playing outside in the fresh air!


I have started on Bud's blanket! I chose bright bold colors and paired it with two neutrals, grey and white! It's just a basic granny square connected using the jay-go or join as you go method! I tried this method on a baby blanket not too long ago( still waiting on the yarn I order to finish this said baby blanket) and loved how easy and quick it was! It is not part of my go to join methods! If you've never tried it give it a whirl! Youtube and Pinterest have some wonderful tutorials!



The bit of rain we had has made my garden burst! We have also been observing some wildlife in our backyard!









Hoping you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment