bud and bug

Friday, June 27, 2014

Schools out for summer.....

It is the third day of summer vacation for Bud and Bug and I find myself childless. They spent the night at Dida and Poppy's. What am I to do with myself? Well, the possibilities are endless! I cut up some vintage curtains to work on a crocheted rug, ate breakfast, hung out laundry, and took a nap. It's not even noon yet and I find myself just feeling so lazy. Maybe after I finish my post I will take a shower uninterrupted and yes ladies, have time to shave my legs!  

Yesterday was a wonderful day spent with my family at my parents house. All my nieces and nephews were there along with both of my sisters. It was a just a lovely day! The adults sat around and caught up on life and just enjoyed being with one another. Bud and Bug did some swimming, hiking and playing with their cousins. My Dad got my old bike up and running, Bud just loved riding it! I can't believe that it's still kicking, it was old when I rode it! 





My parents land is just so beautiful, I think of it as "the homestead". My Dad plants a garden BIG enough for ten families, there is an apple and fruit orchard, a pond and creek, an herb garden, along with my mother's lovely flower gardens! My parents just recently built a coop and have quite a few chickens. Bud and Bug adore them!








This evening it's off to the parade and fireman's carnival, we have done this since Bud and Bug were babies and they just love it! For now though I think I will spend the rest of my "time off" to do what I want, even if that includes being lazy! Until we meet again.






No comments:

Post a Comment