bud and bug

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Days gone by

We  have officially had our first thunderstorm of the year! I just love the sound of rolling thunder and the flash of lightning as it illuminates the sky. I have been fascinated by it since I was a child. I went out last evening after I had put Bud and Bug to bed and tried to capture the lightning with my camera. Impossible!! So my new camera has a function where you can take video and turn it into a still. Here are the results.....



 Not exactly what I wanted, but intriguing nonetheless.
Love the colors by the way!


On the way to drop Bug off to his pre-k class we drive by this dilapidated old house. It makes me sad to see a home in such disrepair. I get to pondering who lived there, who built it and the memories that old house played a part in. In a way it's sad ,yet beautiful.


 Can't you imagine sitting on the porch sipping iced tea while the laundry is flapping on the line.


It makes me think of days gone by, when things went on at a slower pace. In this age of technology and hurry-hurry it reminds me to slow down and cherish the little things and make some memories.
Until we meet again- Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment