bud and bug

Monday, May 5, 2014

Lovin' Life

The past several days I have really been focusing on making things I like and want! How selfish of me. It feels strange in a way as a Mom to take time out to do the things I want to do. I don't think I am the only Mom who feels this way .....right? Anyhow I crocheted up a few little cuties and did a little photo shoot with them.  The round cushion was actually my take on a cover done by Pink Milk. You can see her version on her blog http://pinkmilkjewels.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/how-i-crocheted-my-round-cushion.html. I guess mine is a little more frilly, you might say. I love it in all it's frilly gorgeousness. 





It's just so adorable...


I also modified two potholder patterns and came up with something I liked...
They are also cute and frilly....




Who knows....maybe I will jot down my pattern at some point. What I do know is I am lovin' life and feeling very inspired. Until we meet again- Melinda

1 comment:

  1. Your cushion looks just gorgeous - I love the addition of the doily and roses! I'm so pleased you enjoyed the pattern.

    I do know what you mean about it feeling a bit self-indulgent to sit and crochet - that's why I love Sunday mornings, they somehow feel guilt-free. It's silly really because what we're actually doing is filling our homes with love and creativity. That's what I tell myself anyway!! ;-)

    Heather x

    ReplyDelete