bud and bug

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Feeling Happy....

And the warm weather routine is in full swing. We have had a stretch of gorgeous weather here and it really feels fantastic. Lawn mowing and hanging laundry has been the highlights of my week. I really do love to see laundry flapping in the breeze, it's one of my favorite things in the whole world. I love the sight and the smell of it and the fact that for a brief moment my sheets have nary a wrinkle in them.  I came across some vintage linens while I was out and about this week, I promptly washed them and on the line they went. They are just waiting for me to create something wonderful with them. 








 I have also been working on some Mother's Day gifts, one of my favorites is a stripey flower pot cozy!  I whipped up some coasters, and of course the beautiful potholders from my previous post. I cannot wait to spend some time with my family on Sunday!




Today Bud, Bug, Daddy and myself will be going to the Tulip Festival. Bud and Bug want to go on the rides and eat cotton candy. I however cannot wait to peruse the craft show! This is the first festival of the year and it signals the start of some wonderful late spring/summer memories. I am excited for all the things that nice weather brings. Our local farmer's market, crocheting outdoors under a shade tree, fireworks, sleeping in, the beach, fireflies, bonfires, working in my gardens, but most importantly spending more time with my family!




Hope you have a wonderful day! -Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment